RMGROUP mail
January 1997

Subject: RE: New Member

Hello all,

     Hope everyone had a very merry and all what not... seeing some of the eMails about movies for '97 - I say a preview for a movie called "It's my party" with Roddy McDowall due for release in summer, or was that sprin g... of 1997... The preview was on the movie video "The Bird Cage" with Robbin Williams.

     Hope all have a wonderful new year. I've just gotten my right hand out of the cast and the stitches out and I'm learning to make a fist and bend my wrist again - this is hard work !! I'm doing everything with my left hand now ... As I saw in Roc's eMail - this typing with the left hand if for the birds - no offence to our LEFT HANDED members...

Thank you,
Kris Birch

Subject: RE: Happy New Year

On Tue, 31 Dec 1996, LAURA asked:

> Mel, is it 1997 there yet? It's a bit after 2 p.m. on the US east
> coast.

It sure is - all that noise and firecrackers must mean something! Long life, prosperity and a happy new year, everyone!

--Mel

Subject: Habby New Jeer

All of the best from our family to yours for the entirety of 1997! Can you tell we all have colds?

Kyoko, Brady And Yoshi Wright

Subject: Welcome 1997

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R !!!!

...Sally..

Subject: RM for President

I was, heh heh, surfing under Roddy McDowell using HotBot and I found this website of Fort Worth Star-Telegram's letters to the editor for August 1, 1996.

A Raymond Bennett needed advice on who to vote for as US president and wrote:
   I sincerely need a candidate for President. Someone I can believe
   in and work for. A person of quality. Where can I look?

   Who can recommend one who embodies Christian character, courage and
   trust. An individual who can't be bought by tobacco, labor unions,
   PACs, or others with an ax to grind with the government. Someone
   not on an ego trip or a power trip or a journey for self
   gratification.

   Where are the solid, moral, upstanding candidates? Has America sunk
   so low that we have no one with these simple characteristics in the
   race for our highest and most noble office? Or are the present
   seekers of this lofty position merely ground down by the "media" to
   these unbelievable depths?"

He then proceeded to show why he would disqualify Clinton, Dole, Perot and Lamm. Now here's the fascinating part:
   Help me Mr. Editor. Help us all to find someone we can believe in.

   Or else, I'm going to write in somebody, anybody. Is Roddy McDowell
   too old?

I wonder who Bennett voted for last November.

--Mel

Subject: Preview

On 1/1/97 RMGROUP's KRIS wrote:

>...I say a preview for a movie called "It's my party" with Roddy
>McDowall due for release in summer, or was that spring... of 1997...
>The preview was on the movie video "The Bird Cage" with Robbin
>Williams.

You're close Kris, but no cigar(that's a in *thing* these days). That was the summer of 1996 that it came out(limited release). I guess it must not of came to your city or you blinked and missed it. It's now on video tape, so check with your local video s tore. Actually RM has very few scenes in this movie.

>Hope all have a wonderful new year. I've just gotten my right hand
>out of the cast and the stitches out and I'm learning to make a fist
>and bend my wrist again - this is hard work !! I'm doing everything
>with my left hand now...

Yeowsa!!! What happened? -- the computer fell off the desk.

...Sally..

Subject: Re: RE: Happy New Year

>It sure is - all that noise and firecrackers must mean something!
>Long life, prosperity and a happy new year, everyone!
--------------
You wouldn't be a Star Trek fan too, would ya?

Did you (or your sister) ever get the QL issue yet?
Prosper!

-Paul
crah@toolcity.net

Subject: 2 Stupid Dogs

On 12/31/96 RMGROUP's MEL informed us:

>Also, http://voices.fuzzy.com/show.idc?show_id=123 credits RM with
>doing voice work on 2 Stupid Dogs. Can anyone confirm this?

But if you check out:

http://www.sn.no/%7Etbk/2stupid.html

you can find out what it's about. There is no guest listings on the episodes.

...Sally..

MEL wrote:
>> Long life, prosperity and a happy new year, everyone!

And PAUL replied:
> You wouldn't be a Star Trek fan too, would ya?

Me, a Star Trek fan? Whatever gave you that idea? Did you use a long-range scanner to see 84 pocketbooks, 25 Beta tapes crammed with 150 STNG episodes, and some micro machines?

> Did you (or your sister) ever get the QL issue yet?

Nope, haven't got the Quantum Leap issue with RM pic yet. Would you sell any extra copy to us?

--Mel

Mel,

I didn't know you're a Star Trek fan, too!!!!

Dana Brewer

Subject: RE: RM for President

I love this! And the guy is from Fort Worth, no less! Gotta find him!

Roddy sounds like a good choice to me!

Dana Brewer

Subject: RM list members
             _
        _   | |
      _| |_ | |__   _____
     (_   _)|  _ \ | ___ |
       | |_ | | | || ____|
        \__)|_| |_||_____)
  ____   _   _   ___   ____   ____  _____  _   _  _____
 |    \ | | | | /___) / _  | / ___)(____ || | | || ___ |
 | | | || |_| ||___ |( (_| || |    / ___ | \ V / | ____|
 |_|_|_||____/ (___/  \___ ||_|    \_____|  \_/  |_____)
     ___             (_____|       _                _
    / __)                         | |          _   (_)
  _| |__   ___   _   _  ____    __| | _____  _| |_  _   ___   ____
 (_   __) / _ \ | | | ||  _ \  / _  |(____ |(_   _)| | / _ \ |  _ \
   | |   | |_| || |_| || | | |( (_| |/ ___ |  | |_ | || |_| || | | |
   |_|    \___/ |____/ |_| |_| \____|\_____|   \__)|_| \___/ |_| |_|

ACTIVE MEMBERS:

Nancy
Sally
Kris
Dana
Heather Lei
Kyoko
Matt
Pam
Sandra
Beth
Gary
Sue
Laura
Mel
Melissa
Janeen
Lynne
Ellen
Brian
Paul
Erica
Nancy2
Heidi
Mrs Janet L Semones
Kevin Baldwin
Mark Hockley
Roc

IN-ACTIVE MEMBERS:

TJ
Jon
Arlo
Steve
Scott
Judie
Heather Lovatt
Judy

Subject: RM as J.M. Barrie

Have any of you tried searching Hollywood Online News? You can do it from this URL: http://newsfeed.hollywood.com/cgi-bin/newsmenu.pl

I tried it but ran out of time before I could explore it fully. I did manage to make screen captures of a news story about RM playing J. M. Barrie (Peter Pan author). You can check out what the [IMAGE]s are at http://newsfeed.hollywood.com/latimes/calendar/960808/960808-art4.html

   [IMAGE] You Can Fly: Louis Nye as Captain Hook, Roddy McDowall as
   James M. Barrie, Samantha Eggar as Wendy, William Windom as Smee. .
   . . California Artists Radio Theatre (C.A.R.T.), a group of veteran
   stage, screen and radio actors, celebrates two years of live shows
   at the Cinegrill in Hollywood with four performances of a
   star-studded family production of "Peter Pan" on Saturday and
   Wednesday.

   [IMAGE] "It's true to the original book by J.M. Barrie," said Peggy
   Webber, the company's artistic director and the show's
   producer-director-adapter. (A radio theater veteran herself, Webber
   also plays Peter.)

   [IMAGE] "It is not the play version, but Barrie's book called
   'Peter and Wendy,' that later he turned into the play.

   [IMAGE] "It has all the whimsy and the beauty of James Barrie," she
   added, "and a lot of funny and acerbic comments, so I think it will
   appeal to adults as well as children."

   [IMAGE] Webber said the production, which is being taped for a
   Christmas season airing on National Public Radio, is appropriate
   for adults and for children ages 7 and up.

   [IMAGE] NPR has already aired 27 C.A.R.T. shows. Audiences at the
   live performances, however, get a firsthand look at how shows of
   radio's Golden Age (the pre- and early TV era, that is) were
   staged, with talented actors performing from scripts and a sound
   effects artist--who's a big part of the show--providing atmosphere.

   [IMAGE]
   FOR THE RECORD: There is an error in this article.
   Please click here to see the correction

   Copyright 1996 / The Los Angeles Times

    [IMAGE] [IMAGE] HOL Home Page [INLINE] [INLINE] News Menu [INLINE]
   [INLINE] Calendar Menu (08/08/96)

The "error in this article" is about matinee prices so ignore it.

--Mel

Subject: RE: RM as J.M. Barrie

Wow, Mel, great catch!

        I'll be rushing off to check out the images any second now.... Everyone else: rest assured that if they've got any of you-know-who, I'll snag 'em and make them readily available to all!!! (mad laughter echoe s in the distance)

--Roc
(p.s. -- just checked the site...should have figured it out by the location and frequency of those image commands... there are no *real* images... those are "invisible" GIFs to give the appearance of paragraph indentation which HTML does not nat urally support. So, no pix)

>Mel,
>
>I didn't know you're a Star Trek fan, too!!!!
>
> Dana Brewer
--------------
Gee, another one! Of course, who's NOT a fan in some way or another, right?

-Paul
crah@toolcity.net

MEL wrote:
>Me, a Star Trek fan? Whatever gave you that idea? Did you use a
>long-range scanner to see 84 pocketbooks, 25 Beta tapes crammed with
>150 STNG episodes, and some micro machines?

------------------------------------
Nope, I used a tricorder tied in to the infretter matrix to compose a distantable veiwer. :) (love tecknobabble) ((Oh, me too!!))

>Nope, haven't got the Quantum Leap issue with RM pic yet. Would you
>sell any extra copy to us?

Of course! Then again, It would probably be better if I sent it to your sister. Save alot on postage, ya know!!
Ask her to e-mail me her address so i can send it out, ok?

-Paul
crah@toolcity.net

Subject: new RM film

Hey Gang,

I was checking out my library commercial databases and found this:

Source: The News & Observer Raleigh, NC
Date:19961231
Title: Actor returns to "As the World Turns"

...(blah, blah)Fiona Hutchison, who was originally scheduled to guest-star on "Guiding Light" for four episoed, has opted to return to the series as Jenna Bradshaw full time. She played Jenna from 1992 to 1994, before leaving to work in theater and film. Hutchison has completed filiming a starring role in "Something To Believe In," a movie with Robert Wagner and *Roddy McDowell*. (blah, blah).

Have no other info on this but he is a busy busy man.

Hey Laura, you didn't see anything in that paper over there?

If anybody sees anything about RM please let the group know. I'm sure we would all like any news about RM. I'm sure you guys know he's cruising the Atlantic right now til the 16th, right? If you ever forget, I try to keep the website up to date on RM's whereabouts with Roc's help, naturally.

...Sally..

Subject: RE: RM list members

Thank you Roc for sending out the list of members. Now that I no longer have access to the web, I appreciate you sending out this info.
Thanks. Janeen

Subject: Imagination Theatre

Found this while searching for +roddy +mcdowell using Excite. The URL is http://www.transmediasf.com/imag.html

   "Imagination Theater" is a new, one-hour weekly mystery radio
   playhouse, recorded live before a 500-seat studio audience. It
   embodies everything that's great about old-fashioned radio drama - the
   magic of intriguing scripts, live Foley sound effects, original music
   cues, big name Hollywood talent like Roddy McDowell, Harry Anderson,
   Patty Duke, John Astin and many more. Plus, there's always the
   possibility of spontaneous "surprises" that can only occur in a live
   performance.

   This new series includes murder mysteries, classic '40s detective
   stories, suspenseful dramas, science-fiction and more.

   Each week, a new program airs, comprised of two half-hour stories.
   Just download the "Imagination Theater" demo , take a listen, and we
   think you'll agree that "Imagination Theater" is, by far, the best
   radio drama produced in fifty years. If your local radio station does
   not carry Imagination Theater, don't despair, as the show is also
   available on CD for just $6.99 an episode. Click here for the episode
   guide.

   Who said radio programs aren't exciting anymore? It certainly wasn't
   us!

   Because week after week, over 80,000 people of all ages tune in to
   Seattle's news/talk powerhouse - KIRO - to hear the magic of this
   fresh radio drama that's new, bright and alive.

--Mel

Subject: QL issue (was Re:RE: Happy New Year)

MEL asked:
>Nope, haven't got the Quantum Leap issue with RM pic yet. Would you
>sell any extra copy to us?

PAUL replied:
>Of course! Then again, It would probably be better if I sent it to
>your sister. Save alot on postage, ya know!!
>Ask her to e-mail me her address so i can send it out, ok?

I'm not exactly a ST fan so what is this QL issue with RM pic? Don't leave me out in the cold over here(blizzard going on outside).

Can even a non-ST fan find one of these copies?

...Sally..

> Gee, another one! Of course, who's NOT a fan in some way or another, right?
> -Paul

Actually, there are some folks on this lists who don't like Star Trek at all! But, I'm definitely not one of them!

Dana Brewer

Hey Roc and Sally.....how do you guys know RM is cruising the Atlantic right now? Could we have some stalkers in our group? :}

>>>Janet

Subject: RE: new RM film

RMGROUP's JANET asked...

>Hey Roc and Sally.....how do you guys know RM is cruising the
>Atlantic right now? Could we have some stalkers in our group? :}

        No, just great researchers....

        Yeah, and you only asked that cuz I threatened to call you Mom.

        ;-)

--Roc

RMGROUP wrote:

> Hey Roc and Sally.....how do you guys know RM is cruising the
> Atlantic right now? Could we have some stalkers in our group? :}

  Besides, in all fairness, Sally doesn't live close enough to stalk.

  ;-)

--Roc

>I'm sure you guys know
>he's cruising the Atlantic right now til the 16th, right? If you
>ever forget, I try to keep the website up to date on RM's whereabouts
>with Roc's help, naturally.
---------------------

He's not a member of the crew is he? I'd hate to see the ship sink. :)
"Something to believe in"..... no word on this other than a title yet? bummer... :(

-Paul
crah@toolcity.net

Subject: RE: QL issue

SALLY asked of MEL and PAUL:
>I'm not exactly a ST fan so what is this QL issue with RM pic?

This is issue #8 of the Quantum Leap comic books (published by Dark Horse, right, Paul?) where there's a pic of RM at the back. Being a QL fan *and* comic book reader, when Paul told me about this QL issue, I rushed off to all (well, almost all) the comi c book shops here in Manila in search of this issue. The sales people all went "Quantum what?" so now I'm making arrangements with Paul to buy his extra copy.

--Mel

Subject: audio update

I quick note to Mel's message...
If you'd like to purchase the RM live radio play episode, call Tim McDonald at the Imagination Theater at 1-800-229-7234. Ask for episode #17 entitled The Beasts and The Tweed Cap. $6.99 per episode.

#17 THE BEASTS: The ghosts of slaughtered cattle stampede the English dairy farm where a new owner has taken over.
THE TWEED CAP: Roddy MacDowell stars as an Irish lad whose best friend refuses to remove his cap under any circumstances. (Airdate 7/7/96)

-Paul
crah@toolcity.net

RMGROUP wrote:

>> Hey Roc and Sally.....how do you guys know RM is cruising the
>> Atlantic right now? Could we have some stalkers in our group? :}

>Besides, in all fairness, Sally doesn't live close enough to stalk.

>--Roc

That's right. I live thousands of miles away from LA. Ever hear of Cleveland, Ohio? No. Oh well, that's where I live.

And Mel, well, she's even farther away than me.

Roc, would faint if she got within ten feet of him. ;-)

...Sally..

SALLY wrote:
>> I'm sure you guys know he's cruising the Atlantic right now til the
>> 16th, right?

PAUL replied:
> He's not a member of the crew is he? I'd hate to see the ship sink.
> :)

Nope, he's a passenger. His ships don't sink when he's a passenger. But then we don't know if he'll be acting out the role of a ship's crewmember in any of the skits he'll be appearing in while on the cruise.

--Mel

Subject: RE: Imagination Theatre

I live in Seattle and listen to the radio drama once in a while.
I did not know that Roddy was in a few.
I'll have to look into it.
Kyoko

So Sally doesn't live close enough to stalk........didn't say nothin' 'bout Roc. So Roc, what color shirt was Roddy wearing two weeks ago Tuesday? hmmmmmm..... :]

>>>Janet (alias Mom)

Subject: Jeff Mackay on KungFu: TLC

This may already have been discussed on the list - if so, I apologize. I've been without e-mail for the past month or so due to a massive computer crash that has only just now been fixed, so I've missed a lot.

This info comes from the Kung Fu: The Legend Continues list. Jeff Mackay, who played Corky on "Tales of the Gold Monkey", was in an episode of KF:TLC called "May I Talk With You". It was on TV a couple of weeks ago, so look for it in reruns if you're interested...if you're lucky enough to have a station that's rerunning the episodes, that is!

I happened to get to meet Jeff during the filming, which took place about a year and a half ago. He was extremely friendly and we had a nice chat. At the time I had no idea he'd done anything with Roddy, otherwise I'd have made it a point to talk to him about that. But I'd never even heard of "Tales of the Gold Monkey" before I joined this list, so unfortunately I didn't ask him about working with Roddy. But he's a very nice man and I'm sure he'd have loved it if someone had talked to him ab out Tales of the Gold Monkey - he was very talkative and seemed to have a lot of time in between shots to chat. Drat!!

Lynne Ackerman

Subject: Fantastic Journey

Hi everyone,

I received this e 1/8/97 from a visitor checking out our website. If anybody wishes to accommodate him, be my guest.

...Sally..

---------------------------

I saw your list of Roddy McDowall movies at

http://www.smithway.org/rm/

I am looking for videotapes of the television series "Fantastic Journey". Do you know anyone from whom I could buy some episodes?

Thanks for your help,

David Rozenberg
75542.3265@compuserve.com

On 1/8/97 RMGROUP's KYOKO wrote:

>I live in Seattle and listen to the radio drama once in a while. I did
>not know that Roddy was in a few.
>I'll have to look into it.
>Kyoko

Gee, Kyoko, you beat me to the draw! I was just going to ask you if you got to see RM while he was there.

According to a news article on the website, the show is recorded from the local Seattle Museum of History and Industry, 400-seat Radio City Music-like auditorium.

I e-mailed that Tim McDonald and he said The Tweed Cap is the only one so far of RM's that has been aired.

...Sally..

RMGROUP wrote:

> So Sally doesn't live close enough to stalk........didn't say nothin'
> 'bout Roc. So Roc, what color shirt was Roddy wearing two weeks ago
> Tuesday? hmmmmmm..... :]

  Hey! Am I being picked on??? No fair! (she cried, pretending to feel terribly unloved that no one has come to her rescue....) ;-)

  He wasn't *home* two weeks ago, so nyah!

  Now, let's define stalking here. Stalking is such an ugly word, anyhow....

  Do you remember the movie "My Fair Lady"? And the scene where Freddy the dork sings "On the Street Where You Live"? (of course, if you extend that image visually, that put rm in the role of eliza doolittle -- and *that's* a scary thought!)

  ;-)

--Roc

Okay, Roc, I give up.......you win. I can't stand to see you cry. Let's just say then..."keeping tabs on RM." Hmmmm?

Oh, and you *are* loved.......who else could keep us so informed of his whereabouts?!!

(And I'll have to watch "My Fair Lady" again to refresh my memory.)

>>Janet    :}

Subject: reruns

I was thinking the other day of some of the television shows RM had been on and was reminded of "The Carol Burnett Show." We have a station that airs reruns of that show and I know that Roddy was the guest star on several of those, so you may w ant to watch out for that.

Also, do any of you remember "Hollywood Squares" or a game show called "Win, Lose, Or Draw"? He was on those, too. I have a couple of those on tape. I'm not sure any stations air old game shows, but if you find one that does you may want to watch.

>>Janet

>> Hey Roc and Sally.....how do you guys know RM is cruising the
>> Atlantic right now?

So, Roc and Sally, is he back from that cruise yet? ;-)

--Mel

Subject: NFR Film

Picked this up through Deja News http://xp5.dejanews.com/profile.xp?author=Thomas%20Murray%20%3cLIVECINE

Subject:      SUNRISE on the big screen in 35MM in Boise, Hot Springs
              and Honolulu
From:         Thomas Murray
Date:         1997/01/18
Newsgroups:   alt.movies.silent

SUNRISE will be shown under Nat'l Film Registry auspices Jan 24 at 5PM
at The Flicks, Boise ID.  The NFR Tour debuts at Boise's Egyptian
Theatre the night before at 7PM, with Roddy McDowall introducing
SAFETY LAST, GERTIE THE DINOSAUR and THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY (all 3
with live organ accomp. by Doug Lemmon.  Jan 24 Prof. Tom Trusky will
introduce silents from the Idaho Film Collection at The Flicks at
7:15PM (incl. Nell Shipman's SOMETHING NEW).

SUNRISE will be shown in Hot Springs ARK on Feb 7 at 12:30PM. (Again
in 35MM as part of NFR Tour.

SUNRISE will be shown at the Hawaii Theatre, Honolulu, Feb 23 at 4PM
with silents THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY and BIG BUSINESS (both with live
organ accomp.

More details will appear soon in LIVE CINEMA CALENDAR
       http://www.cinemaweb.com/lcc

Anybody live near those places?

--Mel

Subject: More on "Something to Believe In"

Hey Gang,

I found more about the movie SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN at this site:

http://sharon.kirchgruppe.de/Kirch/WhatsNew/Old/Nov96/PrePro.htm#1

Whoa! Our little man probably was in Las Vegas doing this or perhaps Paris or maybe even Italy.

...Sally..

Subject: Sally has a new e-mail address

Hello everyone,

I've gotten a new e-mail address so I will share it with all of you - rm_fan@cyberdrive.net

Anybody guess what rm_fan means? ;->

...Sally..

Subject: RE: More on "Something to Believe In"

S Mierop wrote:

> I found more about the movie SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN at this site:
>
> http://sharon.kirchgruppe.de/Kirch/WhatsNew/Old/Nov96/PrePro.htm#1

This is what that site wrote for those who don't have Internet access:

KirchGroup

PRE-PRODUCTION     NOVEMBER 1996

SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

(Feature Film 90')

Stricken with cancer, an actress finds the strength to live in her
faith and her love for a pianist.

Script:     John Goldsmith and John Hough

Director:   John Hough

Production: The Grade Company

Cast:  Maria Pitillo       Maggie
       William McNamara    Mike
       Robert Wagner       Brad
       Roddy McDowall      casino manager
       Elliott Gould       doctor

Shooting in Las Vegas, Paris and Italy, starting in October 1996.

...Sally..

Subject: OUR FIRST AWARD!!!!

Hey Gang!!!

Look what I found in my e-mail this morning! Our very first website award!!!

5 Popcorn Site Award ("The Movie BBS, Inc. * 718-939-5462 * We ARE Movies!", Fri 23:56)

  After reviewing thousands of sites, we have selected your web site to receive our coveted 5 POPCORN SITE Award!

  The Movie BBS, Inc. has been a leader in the online world since 1989 with a reputation that is known worldwide.

  We are extremely selective when choosing the sites to receive our award.

  Please visit our Awards page to see your site listed at:

                 http://www.moviebbs.com/awards.htm

  We are currently receiving up to 30,000 hits to our entire site per day, are listed on major search engines as well as entertainment-oriented sites, so you may see an increase in your hit counter.

  We have attached a copy of your 5 POPCORN SITE Award, 5POPCORN.GIF, to this message. If you have trouble converting the attachment, you may also download it at:

                 http://www.moviebbs.com/5popcorn.gif

  If you do decide to accept your award and post it on your web site, we graciously ask that you include the following link:

                 http://www.moviebbs.com

  This will allow visiting webmasters to view the other award-winning sites we have listed and submit their own for review.

  Congratulations!

Subject: RE: OUR FIRST AWARD!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!! You go, Roc! And everyone else who works hard to keep the site looking right!
Danielle's Mommy -AKA Beth

WAY TO GO ROC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kuydos all around!!
-Paul
crah@toolcity.net

Cooool!
Matthew G. Mitchell

Oh Girl - WAY to GO !!! That's it Roc, I am definitely sending you a GOLD start this time !! What's your address ??
Congratulations !!! your my HTML / JAVA hero !! (teach....)
Thank you,
Kris Birch

___ {~._.~} ( Y ) ()`o'() (_)_(_) ___| 1 |___ | 2 3 |
Champion koala

Congratulations! Yes yes yes! :)
--Mel

> I found more about the movie SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN ...
> Script: John Goldsmith and John Hough
> Director: John Hough

Didn't John Hough direct The Legend of Hell House?

--Mel

RMGROUP wrote:

All sorts of congratulatory messages.

        Thank you one and all. Of course, I could never have done it without all the hard work of Sally and Nancy... not to mention the contributions made by various others like Mel, Judie, Janeen, etc. on down the line.

--Roc

Subject: praises/new page

Hi Gang!!

I've added another small page to the main tribute page.... the title of which is "Praises We Have Won" -- only three entries fer now, but it's a start!

The new page can be accessed from the tribute page or directly at:

http://www.smithway.org/rm/other/praises.htm

--Roc

Subject: John Hough

Yes, John Hough did direct Legend of Hell House. Almost certainly his best film. Let's hope he's on similar form with this latest offering!

--Mark Hockley

Subject: Gold Monkey

I was just checking the Gold Monkey bulletin board #9 and someone there claimed that "Tales of the Gold Monkey is being broadcast in Australia on the Disney Channel". Janeen, can you confirm this?

--Mel

Subject: RE: Gold Monkey

I've asked a friend who gets cable if she can check for me. I'll let you all know when I find out. And Congratulations Roc. A splendid achievement. Janeen

>I was just checking the Gold Monkey bulletin board #9 and someone
>there claimed that "Tales of the Gold Monkey is being broadcast in
>Australia on the Disney Channel". Janeen, can you confirm this?
>
>--Mel

Subject: Liz

here's a bit of news that almost fits the list... I got it out of the USA today, 1/28/97

   Michael Jackson will jet home from Switzerland for the birthof his first child, and to escort Elizabeth Taylor to her 65th birthday tribute in L.A. on Feb. 16.
   "It's not a date," says Gary Pudney, executive producer of the gala, which will air on ABC. "He'll be escorting a very good friend."
   Not only did Jackson write a tune for his pal, ELIZABETH, I LOVE YOU, he also penned a poem (ELIZABETH) that he'll read. "This is the first time Michael has read poetry publicly. His love and devotion for Elizabeth is very special, " Pudney says.
   Of her birthday bash, Pudney says, "Elizabeth wants everybody to have fun." On the guest list: Rosie O'Donnell, Roseanne, Ellen DeGeneres, Whoopi Goldberg, Cher, Tim Allen, SAharon Stone, John Travolta, LizaMinnelli, Shirley Mc Laine, Patti LaBelle, Drew Barrymore, John Lithgow, Kevin Bacon.

At something like this, can RM be far behind???

-Paul
crah@toolcity.net

Hi Mel,

This is the reply that I received about TOTGM showing in Australia, after I found someone who has the right cable provider.

Hello Janeen,
And yes, OPTUS is showing TALES OF THE GOLD MONKEY Sat and Sun nights at 9.30pm.

I don't know when it started, but they usually repeat the series a couple of times before changing their programming.

If I find out more, I'll let you know. Janeen

RM Tribute: Frames | RM Tribute: No Frames | Contact Us | Musgrave Foundation