RMGROUP mail
October 1998

Subject: "ET"

Stephanie,

I now live in Central Florida---close to Daytona Beach.

Sue,

Are we sending you the money for the 7 November flowers?

Did anyone see "Entertainment Tonight", tonight? Joan and Melissa Rivers spoke about Mr. McD. He was supposed to be a large part of Melissa's wedding, to include reading a tribute to her father. It was very touching. Mr. McD was her Godfather. Also, Joan Rivers was on "Regis and Kathie Lee", Thursday, 22 Oct. Did anyone catch it?

Take care everyone,
Paige-Marie
P.S. Stephanie, we'll be up there, in Owosso, this coming August for my 20 year class reunuion. I realize it's a long way off, but....

Subject: Re: Toast on the 7th

> Paul, I live in Conway, Pa. , about 30-35 miles north of
> Pittsburgh. I've heard of Farrell! I think my high school used to
> play them in football. I'm orginally from Beaver Falls, Pa,(it's a
> real place- honest). Best known for being Joe Namath's hometown and
> the first place to make corrugated cardboard. Now you see why Joe
> left. Wow- it's amazing how many of us are from the same area! But
> I think this was mentioned before.... You are now entering the
> Twilight Zone

         Janet, we're spitting distance! Do you know of someplace 1/2 way between us? I wouldn't mind grabbing a pepsi with you if you'd like.
         Maybe someplace near New Castle?? What do you think?

Paul Worley

Hey, with so many emails coming in, I can't remember what time has been agreed on for the toast. I seem to recall three suggestions:
                     Pacific    Mountain     Central     Eastern
time of death        7:30 am     8:30 am     9:30 am    10:30 am
time of memorial
   service          10:00 am    11:00 am    12:00 nn     1:00 pm
time of ???          9:00 pm    10:00 pm    11:00 pm    12:00 pm

I think it was Janet C. who suggested midnight (or a bit earlier so it's still Nov 7) so I assumed she meant Eastern as she's in that time zone (you are, aren't you, Janet?).

So what time is the toast?

--Mel

Subject: Re: Halloween Movie

> Well, we all seem to be set to toast our dearly departed friend on
> November 7th. I have a nice bottle of champagne set aside for the
> occasion, and a better occasion I can't think of. But, All Hallows
> Eve will be here next week and I can't think of a better way to
> celebrate than digging out "Legend of Hell House" and watching
> Roddy that evening. I think "Legend" is of a dying breed of
> movie, and I am very happy that Roddy was a part of it. Anyway,
> that is how I will be spending my Halloween. Anybody else?

         I'll be doing a double feature... Fright night 1 and 2. Of course, Legend is good too, but it's almost too much for me. Guess you could call me a scardy cat.
Paul Worley

Subject: Re: Lorraine's Back!

Best of luck to you and your son. Insurance companies are the scum of the earth. I saw a lot of ugliness towards our clients from hospitals and insurance companies when I worked in a law firm. I hope everything turns our well for you and your family.

pamela :-)

From: James Kramer <jlkramer@interpath.com>
To: The Musgrave Foundation <rmgroup@juno.com>

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been quiet for so long, but I've been lurking in the background.

The current debate is

> So what time is the toast?

Maybe whatever time we pick, each person will toast at that time in their own time zone? For example, I (in NC) toast at 9 my time, then someone in Tennessee toasts an hour later at 9 their time, then someone in Texas an hour later still at 9 their time, etc. Perhaps we can have a round-the-world, non-stop Roddy salute.

:-) Laura in NC

Janell,
         The Pacific West Coast is beautiful. My husband grew up in Half Moon Bay. He can't live anywhere away from the water now. Benicia is right next to the Bay so it's alot like the coast. It's hard to adjust to a differant environment when your used to one place.
Lorraine

> Lorraine,
> Been meaning to email you. I grew up in San Francisco, attended
> High School in Concord, college in Sacramento and met my future
> hubby at a wedding in Benicia. Now I'm up here in the beautiful
> Pacific Northwest. Benicia is a wonderful town. My mom and
> brothers still live across the bay in Antioch.
> Anyway, just wanted to drop you a line. Janell

Subject: bio

My Musgravian Buddy's,

         Roc .. your bio is in the mail. Kari, Tammy, Pamela, Maureen, and Morgan, I'll be copying this Monday to mail off. Am I forgetting someone? Send me your address by way of my private E Mail.
         Joni ... did you want one? Let me know.

Lorraine
PS A reminder < Zira917@sprynet.com >

As I recall the books based on the movies kept pretty close to the scripts. The tv series books were based on the tv episodes, and as those were the days before VCRs I had to go on memory, but I thought they stuck pretty close too.Burke was just as much of a sarcastic smart mouth in the books...
Tam

Subject: Chat

Has everyone seen *Evil Under The Sun*? Roddy was absolutely adorable in that. Some felt it was a real sleeper but I happen to like mystery. Roddy was really charming in that one.
Lorraine

> >Just a note on the re-make of the original. I was in Blockbusters
> >yesterday (Sunday) and read about in in one of their "coming
> >attraction" leaflets. It has no resemblance to the original.
> >Apparently some sort of furistic ape race sends a ship to earth with
> >a virus designed to wipe out the populations children...Can
> >everyone say "dunber than dirt"? Benita
>
> Jeez, not much of a remake. Sounds like another hollywood crapfest
> to me. Are they still calling it POTA? Is it based on any of the
> Pierre (can't think of his last name) novels re: POTA. Is James
> Cameron still slated to direct?
>

> Pamela

Pamela, yes they are still calling it "POTA" as far as I could tell. Boulle (rhymes with 'cool') is the last name of the author of the book, but I don't know if it is based on one of his books, somehow I don't think so, and I didn't notice if James Cameron is still on board. Benita

The books based on the TV series were the scripts put in book form. I have them all and still occasionally read them. I also have the book of "Bullwhip Griffin" I LOVED reading the books after I had seen Roddy in the movies/TV shows, they made the memory linger on.

Joni

> Thank you, Pamela. It seems that even though I've sent copies of
> the lawyers' letter to the hospital and doctors explaining the
> situation and why the insurance company hasn't paid, they are still
> demanding money. It seems like a no-win situation. The reason we
> have insurance is to protect us. It's no wonder people are so
> stressed in our day and time. But our son, David, is doing well
> so far.....no more pancreatic attacks.
>
> Janet S.

>Janet, glad to hear you son is doing better. As for the lawyers, you
>may have to fight fire with fire and get on of those "personal
>injury" lawyers. Benita

I agree with Benita (and I'm not just saying that as a lawyer). You defiantly need someone who will represent your interests in this matter. Hospitals (sanctuaries for the ill? HA! they have no mercy when it comes to their bills) and insurance companies will think nothing of bankrupting you in their best interest.

Unfortunately, attorney fees are also ridiculously high (25-40%). If you call your local bar association they should be able to refer you to a lawyer in that field (who is in good standing with the bar) It is possible, but rare, to find an attorney who will take these cases pro bono (with out fee), but it really depends on the case. Good luck!

pamela

Subject: Re: bio

No thank you Lorraine, I have one.

Joni

Subject: This 'n That

Janet S.,

I'm happy to hear your son is doing better. It's unfortunate the b.s. people have to go through with insurance companies---the horror stories I could tell you, about what I see on a regular basis---but then, you already know. I'm sorry you and your family have to endure such nonsense.

I'm sorry to hear Mr. McDowall's memorial has been cancelled, however, I'm not too surprised---I mean, he had to have a reason to not want a funeral or memorial service. As far as the money sent for flowers, well, why not still send them? Just because the memorial has been cancelled, doesn't mean we still can't toast / honor him. Just a thought.

Take care, everyone,
Paige-Marie

Subject: Re: McDowall memorial cancelled

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!! This just bites!
Kari

Is there no end to the class of Roddy McDowall! Even after his death, all reports about him from friends just literally "ooze" with class. If anyone should have been cloned, it should have been him.

Just my two cents worth!

Janice

Subject: Re: Chat

> Has everyone seen *Evil Under The Sun*? Roddy was absolutely
> adorable in that. Some felt it was a real sleeper but I happen to
> like mystery. Roddy was really charming in that one.
> Lorraine

L--saw it. loved it. benita

This doesn't effect our plans for flowers and a toast I hope? Benita

> Pierre Boulle. Anyone actually read the book "Monkey Planet"?
> Kari

Kari, read it years ago. The book is really pretty good and has a suprise twist at the end. Worth reading if you can find a copy. Benita

Subject: RE: Motion Picture & Television Fund (MPTF)

I faxed my donation in this morning. I think that Dennis should be notified of all donations made by "Musgravians". Virginia too.

Janice

Subject: roddy

Hi all, rented and watched "JUNGLE BOOK 2", and I am afraid Mel is right. Our hero doesn't show up until the last half-hour and his character is more than a few cards short of a full deck. Though as usual he does it well. And I don't know if it was a coindience or not, but there's a sort of poetic justice/payback to the role, in a joking manner. Did you see it Mel? I don't want to give it away, it is the only thing that saved the movie from being totally insane. The annoying part is, Roddy is given second billing, above the title, thus implying he is in it more that he really is. Oh well. I have a concern about using the "LORD LOVE A DUCK" logo, what about copyright infringement? I love the idea, but can we use it?? And getting back to our letters to the editor for 'People' magazine, if they choose to publish one of our letters will they let us know or will we just have to keep watching to see if we get printed??? And Mel, I am still looking for "UNKNOWN ORIGIN".ha-ha Benita

My, my--that's something I didn't know about our hero ;-)

Pamela

C'mon, c'mon Tam. Finish the sentence. Hot? Handsome? Just because he was a well respected actor who has passed on doesn't mean we can't "check him out" in his movies! Where's the fun? On that note, I remember reading in an interview with an older actress (I'll have to look it up, it's been a while) that... um, if you'll be offended by some information that is, yes, pretty darn personal to Roddy, DON'T read any further. I'll space down a few lines...

There we go... she is going on about actors that she had known who were very insecure about how , uh, "well-endowed they were", and she confides that one of her closest friends, Roddy McDowall, was one who particularly had "nothing to worry about in that department. Aa! Sorry about that, I just thought I'd share. I know it sound like something a tabloid would print just to spread gossip and I apologize, but this actress was a pretty well-known and respected one, and that little side track completely took me off guard! (I believe it was Shirley MacClaine, but don't take my word on it yet. And no, I have no idea how exactly she would know this. She's pretty coy about it.) I just found it hilarious, because she listed all these sex symbols from that time as the "insecure ones", and Roddy was the only one mentioned on the other side! Well, I found it interesting anyway. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Kari :)

> Lorraine, Yes I have "It!"For some reason I was thinking it was off
> AMC. Unfortunately, it's off TNT, but it still doesn't appear to be
> too badly chopped. Yes, it's really dumb (even Roddy thought it was
> bad.) but Roddy gives a great performance, and he looks......Sorry!
> I was lost in thought! I'll make you a copy in exchange for the
> bio. email me with your address.
> Tam at kwsedam@aol.com

Janell,

It would be really great to meet with your family when you come to California. Please do look me up! I'm looking forward to meeting a fellow Musgravian in person. Joni may be coming this way as well. That would only be too cool!

Lorraine

Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Toast on the 7th

> we can have a round-the-world, non-stop Roddy salute.
>
> :-) Laura in NC

Laura, as long as everyone is comparing locales for possible hook-ups, where in NC are you? I am in SC. My address is technically Taylors, but that is part of the Greater Greenville/Metro area and where I usually say I live. Benita

Didn't Richard Matherson also write the story that Omega Man was based on? Movie was creepy, but the written story scared the hell out of me. Don't think I read the book for hell house.

pamela

> Thanks so much. I just love this movie. I get nightmares everytime
> I watch it. i've even read the book!!!
>
> Sue

Would you believe the author, Richard Matheson, doesn't like the movie because he said it's not as scary as what he wrote?

--Mel

Subject: Silent Film Society of Atlanta

Found an RM tribute at the website of the Silent Film Society of Atlanta.

--Mel

> Didn't Richard Matherson also write the story that Omega Man was
> based on? Movie was creepy, but the written story scared the hell out
> of me. Don't think I read the book for hell house.
>
> pamela

Matheson's output includes 'Hell House', 'I Am Legend' (filmed as 'The Omega Man' with Heston and 'The Last Man on Earth' with Vincent Price), 'The Shrinking Man', 'Bid Time Return' (filmed as 'Somewhere in Time') and 'What Dreams May Come' (yes, the one with Robin Williams).

--Mel

> Didn't Richard Matherson also write the story that Omega Man was
> based on? Movie was creepy, but the written story scared the hell
> out of me. Don't think I read the book for hell house.
>
> pamela

I don't know if he wrote Omega Man - but he wrote the book that "Somewhere in Time" (one of my all time favorite movies) was based on and he also wrote the book that the current Robin Williams movie "What Dreams May Come" is based on.

Cheryl

Subject: Re: "personal"

> There we go... she is going on about actors that she had known who
> were very insecure about how , uh, "well-endowed they were", and
> she confides that one of her closest friends, Roddy McDowall, was
> one who particularly had "nothing to worry about in that
> department. Aa!

Okay, I'll repeat Kari's words - anyone offended by *some* information, don't read further..... tho I suspect what I have is *not* legit.....

;)

I have a pic of Roddy stark nekkid that, many years ago, I clipped from a magazine. And it certainly proves he had no need for 'insecurity'.

BUT, sorry, I personally think this photo is a PHONEY. I cut it out of my Mom's Playgirl magazine many years ago.....heheehee. (Wonder if she ever noticed it missing?) The issue had a run of "nude celebrities" caught on film. But as I said, I don't trust that this is a legit photo of Roddy. My suspision? Has Roddy ever been 'muscular' that anyone knows of?? His age in this photo (gawd, hard to tell with this man, eh?) is appox. 20-25, I would guess. His body is quite built in this photo....hmmmm...

(To the couple of you that I sent copies of the Bio to, sorry I didn't copy this for you too, but figured it might offend! But if you're interested, well, just write me again....)
If I really thought it was 'real', I would be much more respectful than I am being right now, but I do think it's probably a fake. I think they 'spliced' his head on someone elses body. So it's actually just 'silly'.

Frankie

Subject: Re: roddy

As for Jungle Book 2,

I must be a hopeless romantic because I liked Roddy's character. I felt that his character was to be viewed as eccentric at best but in reality he was truly the only real genius in disguise, superior intelligence shield by obscurity.
Lorraine

I hope the new ape "Virus" movie isn't a re-cap of POTA. Personally I love sci-fi and the movie actually sounds worth watching to me. But I would really be disappointed if they disrespect the original series. Art in pur form, copied becomes mockery. Boulle wrote the original for Roddy'd POTA. Whats the name of the author of the new so-called POTA? Does anyone know for sure?
Lorraine

I agree with Laura. We must toast for sure! November 7th was the date set aside for his memory, but by people that love him. Let's have our own tribute! Perhaps we can send Elizabeth, Dennis and Virgnia a message inviting them to do the same.
Lorraine

> > we can have a round-the-world, non-stop Roddy salute.
> >

> > :-) Laura in NC

Copy write infringement! Yikes! Perhaps then we should come up with one of our very own to keep ourselves covered, that is of course if our favorite duck doesn't fly. Even the name Musgrave could have implications.
Lorraine

> I have a concern about using the "LORD LOVE A DUCK" logo, what
> about copyright infringement? I love the idea, but can we use it??
> And getting back to our letters to the editor for 'People'
> magazine, if they choose to publish one of our letters will they
> let us know or will we just have to keep watching to see if we get
> printed??? And Mel, I am still looking for "UNKNOWN ORIGIN".ha-ha
> Benita

Got this info about the remake from Cinescape (Nov/Dec 1998) --

Plot: After an alien ship turns up with a virus that kills the world's children en masse, a group of astronauts investigate the spacecraft in hopes of creating a vaccine for the plague, which they discover was sent by evolved apes to rid the planet of humans.

Players: ??? (possibly Arnold Schwarzenegger)

Director: ???

Latest Rumors: Fox chief Bill Mechanic told the L.A. Times that James Cameron is now writing POTA and expects a big budget. After the script is delivered and a final budget reconciled, he says a decision will be made on whether or not to cast a big-name lead.

--Mel

Subject: DS9 Mumy-fied!

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Sci-fi cult-favorite Bill Mumy—currently Lennier on Babylon 5, famously Will Robinson on Lost in Space—guests in the episode "The Seige of AR-558." And no one's more excited than he. As Mumy told David Henderson of Psi Phi, "I finally made it to the Star Trek universe! I play a Starfleet engineer named Kellin, who's stuck in the middle of a nasty warzone fighting the Jem'Hadar." Danger, Bill Mumy, danger! (Week of Nov. 14th; check local listings)

--Mel

No way!! I'll have to re read the book!

Sue

> > Thanks so much. I just love this movie. I get nightmares
> > everytime I watch it. i've even read the book!!!
> >
> > Sue
>
> Would you believe the author, Richard Matheson, doesn't like the
> movie because he said it's not as scary as what he wrote?
>
> --Mel

> As for Jungle Book 2,
>
> I must be a hopeless romantic because I liked Roddy's character. I
> felt that his character was to be viewed as eccentric at best but in
> reality he was truly the only real genius in disguise, superior
> intelligence shield by obscurity. Lorraine

I never said I did not like his character. I just said he was a few cards short of a full deck, which he *is*, but it a sweet and charming way. If it were not for the eccentrics of the world it would be a boring place. Benita

Subject: Re:finishing the sentence

Ok,I'll finish the sentence."...all of the aforementioned ...!"
Tam

Benita and Pamela,

Thank you for the advice. We may just have to fight fire with fire, as you mentioned. It's terribly distressing to have to resort to that, but sometimes there's no other way out.

Janet S.

I used to read all the books the movies were absed on too! I also have a copy of Bullwhip griffin too. There's a big second hand book sale in town every summer, and I always see the Bullwhip Griffin book. Would there be anyone who would want one if I bought extra copies this coming year?There's a colour picture from the movie on the cover, and actually, the book is pretty good.The author is Sid Fleishman,who writes some very good kid's books.
Tam

Yow, Peter! I've never come across that one! I will say, though, that Roddy kept himself fit although he was always a slim guy, so you never know. I guess we'll have to take Shirley's word for it. ;) hee hee!(I still haven't looked up for sure whose bio it was. I'll get to it.)
Kari

> Okay, I'll repeat Kari's words - anyone offended by *some*
> information, don't read further.....
> tho I suspect what I have is *not* legit.....
>

> ;)
>
> I have a pic of Roddy stark nekkid that, many years ago, I clipped
> from a magazine. And it certainly proves he had no need for
> 'insecurity'.
>
> BUT, sorry, I personally think this photo is a PHONEY. I cut it
> out of my Mom's Playgirl magazine many years ago.....heheehee.
> (Wonder if she ever noticed it missing?) The issue had a run of
> "nude celebrities" caught on film. But as I said, I don't trust
> that this is a legit photo of Roddy. My suspision? Has Roddy ever
> been 'muscular' that anyone knows of?? His age in this photo
> (gawd, hard to tell with this man, eh?) is appox. 20-25, I would
> guess. His body is quite built in this photo....hmmmm...
>
> If I really thought it was 'real', I would be much more respectful
> than I am being right now, but I do think it's probably a fake. I
> think they 'spliced' his head on someone elses body. So it's
> actually just 'silly'.
>
> Frankie

I saw "Evil Under the Sun" and loved it.

Janet S.

Subject: Respecting McDowall's wish

http://www.variety.com/article.asp?articleID=1117487955
Respecting McDowall's wish AMPAS cancels memorial per the late thesp's will

By VARIETY STAFF, October 30, 1998

Bowing to the wish of the late Roddy McDowall, who died Oct. 3, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences has canceled a memorial gathering in his honor.

The Academy had planned to stage the event on Nov. 7 with an hourlong program in the Samuel Goldwyn Theater. Robert Rehme, the Academy's president, said many of the actor's friends had lobbied for the event and that the Academy acquiesced because McDowall was a board member of the Academy and president of the Academy Foundation (Daily Variety, Oct. 12).

What none of them knew at the time were the contents of McDowall's will, which specifically requested that no memorial service be held for him.

"In order to respect that, we decided to cancel," Academy spokeswoman Leslie Unger said.

McDowall's "loyalty to the motion picture business that he spent his entire life working in was unwavering. It didn't matter if it was film preservation, working on his own talent, which was monumental, quietly loaning money to veteran and out-of-work artists, protecting and loving his friends in life and in death. But Roddy's driving ambition was to guarantee the continuation forever of the Motion Picture and Television Home.

"... His dream was that he could reach the young people of our business and get them excited and involved in the constant understanding of how important the home and the Motion Picture and Television Fund is to our entire community. There are a number of us who intend for Roddy's dream to come true.

"He was, in all ways, a prince."

--Mel

I LOVE IT.
(I always thought he was a stud!!!)
My dreams have been answered!!

Sue Martin

> There we go... she is going on about actors that she had known who
> were very insecure about how , uh, "well-endowed they were", and
> she confides that one of her closest friends, Roddy McDowall, was
> one who particularly had "nothing to worry about in that
> department. Aa! Sorry about that, I just thought I'd share. I
> know it sound like something a tabloid would print just to spread
> gossip and I apologize, but this actress was a pretty well-known
> and respected one, and that little side track completely took me
> off guard! (I believe it was Shirley MacClaine, but don't take my
> word on it yet.

I used to work in a book store a few years ago and managed to get hold of the standee of Michael Keaton as Batman in the second movies.
bst

> Tam,
>
> I think it's funny that you mentioned standees. Last year I worked at
> a video store in Benicia so my kids used to want the standees. My son
> had the Jurassic Park one in his room for about two years! It was
> reallt cool because it was a huge three dimentional dinosaur head
> that I hung in the corner of his room. Lorraine

I may have been mistaken. I just checked the IMDB and there isn't a mention of Hartman. I was sure that I had read it a couple of places but I must have been wrong.
bst

> > If I'm not mistaken, isn't Bug's Life also Phil Hartman's last
> > appearance? Isn't it bizarre that this film has at least two stars
> > who died this year?
> > bst
> >
> Phil Hartman's in it?? I hadn't heard that one. I thought Small
> Soldiers was Phil's last role.
> Kari

I happen to have a Cutting Class. And, yes, it's a dude. However, If you really want a really bad movie to fall asleep on, try Laserblast. I only watch it for Roddy's "mad scientist" look.

-- Lady Mara

Absolutely not here!

Sue Martin

> This doesn't effect our plans for flowers and a toast I hope?
> Benita

I'll still be doing the flowers on that date!

Sue Martin

Subject: Re: This 'n That

I agree Paige-Marie - I am still intending to do the flowers!

sue Martin

> I'm sorry to hear Mr. McDowall's memorial has been cancelled,
> however, I'm not too surprised---I mean, he had to have a reason to
> not want a funeral or memorial service. As far as the money sent
> for flowers, well, why not still send them? Just because the
> memorial has been cancelled, doesn't mean we still can't toast /
> honor him.
>
> Take care, everyone,
> Paige-Marie

Hell House is just as bad!!! I loved reading it!

sue

> Didn't Richard Matherson also write the story that Omega Man was
> based on? Movie was creepy, but the written story scared the hell
> out of me. Don't think I read the book for hell house.
>
> pamela

Subject: Behind A Bug's Life

There's going to be a behind-the-scenes look at A Bug's Life on November 7 at 8:30pm Eastern on the Disney Channel. I'm gonna indulge in some wishful thinking here...

--Mel

Subject: a message

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, ALL MUSGRAVIANS!!! :)
Kari

Hee hee. Good! I was kinda not sure if I would offend anyone with a message like that, but I couldn't help myself. I grinned too. Kari

> I LOVE IT.
> (I always thought he was a stud!!!)
> My dreams have been answered!!
>
> Sue Martin
>

> > There we go... she is going on about actors that she had known who
> > were very insecure about how , uh, "well-endowed they were", and
> > she confides that one of her closest friends, Roddy McDowall, was
> > one who particularly had "nothing to worry about in that
> > department. Aa! Sorry about that, I just thought I'd share. I
> > know it sound like something a tabloid would print just to spread
> > gossip and I apologize, but this actress was a pretty well-known
> > and respected one, and that little side track completely took me
> > off guard! (I believe it was Shirley MacClaine, but don't take my
> > word on it yet.

Susan,
I mailed the donation for flowers today. I will mail the biography on Monday along with Pamela, Maureen, Morgan, Kari, and Tammy's. I ran all these copies then realized one page was missing! So I will mail them all early monday morning. Am I missing antone?
Lorraine

Subject: Re: DS9 Mumy-fied!

> Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Sci-fi cult-favorite Bill Mumy-currently
> Lennier on Babylon 5, famously Will Robinson on Lost in Space-guests
> in the episode "The Seige of AR-558." And no one's more excited than
> he. As Mumy told David Henderson of Psi Phi, "I finally made it to
> the Star Trek universe!

         I didn't know about this in advance, so maybe now we can watch for the repeat. On Diagnois Murder this week, the episode featured George Takei, Majel Barrett, Walter Koenig, Grace Lee Whitney, Wil Wheaton, and Billy Mumy. Not a bad line up of sci-fi stars, eh?

Paul Worley

Yes, Please get a few more and I want a copy.
Kyoko
brademan@halcyon.com

----------
> I used to read all the books the movies were absed on too! I also
> have a copy of Bullwhip griffin too. There's a big second hand book
> sale in town every summer, and I always see the Bullwhip Griffin
> book. Would there be anyone who would want one if I bought extra
> copies this coming year?There's a colour picture from the movie on
> the cover, and actually, the book is pretty good.The author is Sid
> Fleishman,who writes some very good kid's books.
> Tam

back

RM Tribute: Frames | RM Tribute: No Frames | Contact Us | Musgrave Foundation